1 out of 3 people in the global population played video games in 2017. That’s 2.5 billion people spending $82 billion on games, generating a $106.5 billion industry revenue. In this full-tilt rush, eSports are becoming more of a dark horse. If last year they were valued at $695 million, by 2020 they will become a $1.5 billion opportunity, growing exponentially. Emerging technologies like blockchain and AI will play a key role in this.
The Future of eSports talk show featured 3 inspiring global eSports ambassadors:
- Roderick Alemania, CEO of eSports platform ReadyUp, former VP of Business Development at IGN
- Johnathan Fatal1ty Wendel, first full-time professional eSports player & 12 times FPS World Champion
- Carter Lipscomb, video games industry investor & advisor, former Director of Publisher Relations at Sony (PlayStation)
- The challenges of emerging eSports platforms
- New levels of engagement and monetization for players
- The evolution and dynamics of eSports
- Emerging technologies that enhance the gaming experience and increase the player rewards
- Innovative ways to support eSports communities worldwide and locally
FUTURE HORIZONS is a QUALITANCE series advocating emerging technologies that fuel innovation: Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, Augmented Reality, Autonomous Vehicles, Facial Recognition.